2008-04-05

Accept your profit and stop being greedy

Hi,

today I traded the women's final of the 2008 Sony Ericsson Open in Miami:

S. Williams v Jankovic

I tried the Tennis hedging strategy from Alistair, the blogger of Bet Your Life.

I layed Williams pre match 40€@1,53. When Williams was serving in third game I got a lay bet of 25,40€@2,4 matched and was green each way.

sj

When using the Tennis hedging strategy you have to pick you matches to trade on carefully. If you pick every match on the schedule you might loose. I will investigate this method and write down my thoughts about this strategy in later blog entries.

Wish you all the best, Loocie

2 comments:

Alistair Hamilton said...

Hi Loocie,

Good to see you got a profit on your first attempt at the strategy.

The strategy is fairly young in development but I am leaning towards only laying short priced favourites - preferably under 1.5. I haven't yet seen such a favourite fail to drift even for a short spell.

The important point is, as ever, not to be greedy. At the moment, I look to a 20% profit. In the future I may push this up a bit, but 30% is probably my top limit.

Please keep me informed on how you get on.

All the best.

Alistair

Loocie said...

Hi Alistair,

thanks for your comment. It seems that this strategy works for matches at final stages in tournaments. I am still analyzing past tournaments and will inform you about criterias we need to select matches for this stategy.

All the best, Loocie