2009-01-08

Start Of The Tennis Season

Hello,

the tennis season has already started with ATP and WTA tournaments. Many players have their first match of the season, so mostly I am only watching the matches to get a feeling about the fitness and improvements of the players, but I also traded some matches:

Ivanovic v Vinci
ivanovic_vinciPre match odds: Ivanovic: 1.06, Vinci
When Roberta Vinci was leading 4-2 in the first set and Ivanovic was serving I backed Ivanovic 50€@1.34. Ivanovic hold her service and odds dropped to 1.14, so I layed Ivanovic with 25€@1.14 to minimize risk. When Ivanovic was leading 6-5 I made it each way @1.08, which was a wise decision, because Ivanovic lost the first set and odds on her moved to 1.48. 
Ivanovic v Vinci 6-7, 7-5, 6-1
Total profit this match: +10.02

Mathieu v Nishikori
mathieu_nishikoriPre match odds: Mathieu: 1.91, Nishikori: 2.08
I missed one trading point, when Mathieu was leading 3-0 and odds on him dropped to 1.35. Nishikori fought back and odds raised to 1.9 on Mathieu.
When Mathieu won the first set I layed him 50€@1.3, because I expected Nishikori to take a set. I watched this match via Betfair live video and I saw Nishikori was asking for a medical timeout,so I scratched the trade.
Mathieu v Nishikori 6-3, 6-4
Total profit this match: +0.37

Nadal v Monfilsnadal_monfils Pre match odds: Nadal: 1.1, Monfils: 10.5
I watched this match via Betfair live video. Monfils played really well and won the first set 6-4. Odds on Nadal raised to 1.6.
When Monfils was 2-1 leading and Nadal was serving I layed Nadal 37€@1.9 because Monfils dominated the match and put really pressure on Nadal. At 2-1* and Advantage Monfils I layed him 20€@1.7 to minimize risk. Later I made it each, but I think it was too early.
Nadal v Monfils 4-6, 4-6
Total profit this match: +10.91

I also traded two NFL matches, but I could not make a decent profit. Scratched both matches:
nfl
Total profit NFL: +1.39

It is a good start into the new trading year. I missed some trading points, but I kept cool and followed all my trading rules.

Stats so far:
Total profit this month: +22.69

That’s it for now. Be lucky, if you are trading!

Cheers, Loocie

No comments: