2008-10-09

Trading Tennis

Hello,

today I traded the following matches:

Petrova v Wozniacki

petrova_wozniacki

Pre match odds: Petrova 1.45, Wozniacki 3.20

Petrova was favourite. She played at home and Wozniacki suffered from a cold. I had two trades, but both ended in a loss. I took the stop losses and followed all my rules, so it was a not a bad trade.

Petrova v Wozniacki 6-4, 3-2 by Retirement

Nishikori v Hrbaty

nishikori_hrbaty

Pre match odds: Nishikori 1.70, Hrbaty 2.44

At the moment I apply a rule only to get involved in a match if there plays a top 25 player of WTA or ATP, but I also have a look at all the newcomers on the tour.

Nishikori seemed to have a knee injury, so his price moved from 1.4x to 1.7 pre match.

Nishikori won the first set easily 6-1. After he lost the second set 1-6, I backed Hrbaty 17€@1.9 because I was expecting a retirement of Nishikori. He only had an injury timeout and when they started the 3rd set I scratched the trade.

Nishikori v Hrbaty 6-1, 1-6, 7-5

Makarova v Pennetta

makarova_pennetta

Pre match odds: Makarova: 3.25, Pennetta: 1.45

Pre match Pennetta was favourite. She had a good match against Venus Williams two days before. I expected her to win.

From the start Pennetta was serving badly. Match was not easy to trade. I took several positions, but nothing paid off. At the start of the second set I could close my position with a small win, because Pennetta was still serving badly. The good think was I recognized early, that she did not improve and I closed the trade. I was not hoping for a break in my favour. If there is no opportunity, then get out as soon as possible.

Generally I should be more cautious, if players play the first time each other.

Makarova v Pennetta 6-3, 4-6, still playing while typing this

Stats so far:

total loss today: -€1.96
total loss this month: -€0.26

Some side steps today. I took positions but nothing paid off. But for all that I am satisfied of the way I traded all the matches. I followed all my rules and was patient. If I can keep up the way I am actually trading until the end of the month I am confident it will be a profitable month for me.

Cheers, Loocie

No comments: