2008-09-30

Tennis today

Hello,

as mentioned in an earlier blog entry I decided to trade only tennis matches where players of the top 25 of ATP or WTA are involved.

Today I traded the following matches:

Wozniacki v Dulko

wozniaki_dulko

Dulko is not in form. She lost 8 of her last 9 matches and she lost against lower ranked players. Wozniacki lost her last 3 games, but I was very confident she could win against Dulko. I entered the market in the second set and closed the trade right after the second set was completed.

Wozniacki v Dulko 4-6, 6-0, 6-3

Cibulkova v Bartoli

cibulkova_bartoli

That match was not easy to predict. I changed my mind during the match, because I saw Cibulkova was not serving well. I did not felt comfortable because I entered the market when odds on Bartoli were around 1.5 and I know she can be very unstable, so I scratched that. On the long term I think it was a good decision.

Cibulkova v Bartoli 3-6, 1-6

Cornet v Pironkova

cornet_pironkova

Pironkova played the qualification of this tournament and so she was comfortable with the indoor hard court. She was also leading the head to head statistics. She won 2007 against Cornet on clay in straight sets.

Was not easy to trade. Market had very long the opinion that Cornet would start playing tennis and fought back. Did not happened and I greened up.

Cornet v Pironkova 2-6, 1-6

Pennetta v K Bondarenko

pennetta_k_bondarenko

It's a scratched trade. Pre match odds: Pennetta 1.5, Bondarenko 2.96.

I expected a close match, because Pennetta played many matches during the last weeks in different continents over the world, so there was a possibility of fatigue of Pennetta. Bondarenko played the qualification for this tournament so she was comfortable with the indoor hard court.

I entered the market during the first set and right after I entered the market Bondarenko lost her service game. Now I can say, there was no real opportunity, when I backed Bondarenko. It was really misjudged and so much the worse I did not closed the trade and let it run. At the beginning of the 3rd set I could scratch that trade. I made to main mistakes: 1. I entered the market when there was no opportunity. 2. I did not take a stop loss. Should do it better the next time.

Pennetta v K Bondarenko 6-4, 2-6, 1-6

total profit today: +€8.66

total loss this month: -€11.57

I will do my analysis of September during the next few days. That's it for now, I wish you all the best!

Cheers, Loocie

No comments: