2008-07-05

Small trading this weekend

Hello,

I did not trade the last days at Wimbledon, because I did not identify any good trading opportunity, so I stayed away. Earlier this year I would have forced trades in similar situations and maybe would have lost.

Today we have the women's single final between Serena and Venus Williams. I expect a three setter, but will only enter the market, if I can see a good opportunity.

This weekend is also another Formula 1 weekend. I did some research on statistics and race facts and gave me €20 to get involved in markets of 2008 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix:

Safety Car?

Will there be a safety car deployed during the race? I think yes, because:

  • In the last 5 years safety car deployed in 4 races
  • Weather prediction: There is a good probability of rain during race
  • No traction control for drivers this year

sc

Winner

Who will win this race? I expect a Ferrari to win this race, but I expect Hamilton to get pole position. If he gets pole, I will lay him in the Winner market.

Points Finish

I think about to lay Heidfeld in points finish, but will wait until qualifying.

Will update later.

Update

I got involved in the women's final of 2008 All England Championship:

S. Williams v V. Williams

I applied a free lay and it worked:

As mentioned earlier today, I was expecting a three setter, so I put all my winnings on the loser of the first set:

williams1

In 2nd set Serena was a break in front and leading 2-1. She lost her service game and score was tight: 2-2.

From this point she was not serving very well and I was not sure about her to win this 2nd set. I hedged when Venus was leading 4-3 in 2nd set.

williams2

Wow, this was the first time I hedged at the perfect moment. I expected a three setter, but I recognized that the match did not develop as predicted and hedged my profit.

Final result: Serena v Venus 5-7, 4-6

All the best, Loocie

No comments: