2009-08-22

It Is All About Confidence

Hello,

confidence-coaching-pic

Today I want share some thoughts on confidence when trading.
If you are trading with a serious background you will have noticed that it is difficult to trade when you are ill or trade when you are not feeling good. If you had a losing streak your confidence might be lower.

The good trader has the knowledge and the tools to raise his confidence and is mood. There is a NLP technique called “Anchoring”. Almost everyone used in the past without knowing about it.

“Anchoring is the process by which a particular state or response is associated (anchored) with a unique anchor. An anchor is most often a gesture, voice tone or touch but could be any unique visual, auditory, kinaesthetic, olfactory or gustatory stimulus.”

A good way for me to push me in the right state is listening to music. So I will list some songs which help me to feeling good, not only for trading:

If you have some songs you like to push yourself in the right state feel free to leave a comment.

I think motivation and having the right state for trading is underestimated. If you are feeling confident you will make better decisions.

Try it out!

Cheers, Loocie

P.S. While writing this blog entry I listened to all the songs and now I am feeling GREAT! Hahaha :)

2 comments:

John said...

The trading software I use allows you to have your own sound file played as a warning 1 minute before an event goes in play. An alarm or something similar would just be negative - so I changed the sound file to the clip from Jerry McGuire where he shouts “Show me the money!”. Every time I hear it, it puts a smile on my face and lifts my confidence just before I’m about to trade (in-play). It’s a great anchor for me.

Keep up the good work, John

Loocie said...

Hi John,

Thank you very much for dropping by.
Yeah, that is the kind of anchoring I was writing about. Really nice. Can you please send me the sound file via email? Much appreciated.

Good luck for tomorrows race!

Cheers, Loocie