2008-08-03

Trading Tennis and Formula 1

Hello,

actually I am really in a good mood, because my trading works better and better.

The most important rule for me is:

Take a stop loss, if the match does not develop as predicted.

I will explain this on today's tennis trades:

tennis

I layed Dushevina 50€@1.5 in the 1st set, when she was leading 5-1 and serving. At this point, the market believes that she would win the 1st set 6-1, so there is only a small odds movement, if she wins the first set. She did and I backed her back @1.46, so I lost only 4 ticks. I took the stop loss and did not wait for Srebotnik to fight back. That was the best decision of the day. She lost her 1st service game in the 2nd set and also lost the match in straight sets 1-6, 2-6.

In the past I would have waited until she loses her service game and maybe I would have lost 15€ or more. Taking a stop loss, is essential.

This week was also another Formula 1 weekend, so I was trading the fastest lap market:

fastest_lap_hungary

I had a maximum liability of 10€, so this is a very good return on invest.

A good start for August, stats so far:

total profit this month: +€14.66

Cheers, Loocie

No comments: