2008-10-10

Patience Pay Off

Hello,

today I traded the following matches:

Dementieva v Petrova

petrova_dementieva

Pre match odds: Dementieva: 1.73, Petrova: 2.36

I expected a close match. Both players were in a good shape and H2H statistic was 5-5. I expected Petrova to take at least one set, but if she serves well she could also win the match.

I had some trades, but nothing paid off. I always had to take the stop loss except one trade in the 2nd set: I layed Dementieva 25€@1.4 when score was 4*-4 0-30 and Dementieva was serving. Petrova made the break and also took the set and I made it each way. The profit is not massive, but the process, the way I traded was very good. I followed all my rules and on the long term it will pay off.

Dementieva v Petrova 6-4, 4-6, 7-6

Zvonareva v Cibulkova

zvonareva_cibulkova

Pre match odds: Zvonareva: 1.23, Cibulkova: 5.30

Zvonareva was clear favourite. Both players met never before, so I was cautious during my trades. I took some good positions but again nothing paid off. I missed one trading opportunity, but could catch up another chance to reduce my interim loss of -5.22€ to nothing. All in all a scratched trade.

Zvonareva v Cibulkova 7-5, 6-4

Santoro v Mathieu

santoro_mathieu

Pre match odds: Santoro: 3.50, Mathieu: 1.39

Santoro was leading the H2H statistic 3-2, on indoor hard court H2H was 1-1. Mathieu was in a good shape. He played a good tournament in Metz, but during the match vs Stakhovsky he had an injury timeout because he had blisters on his feet. I had this in my mind and followed the match. Santoro had a good start and in the middle of the first set I took a position on him. When he won the first set I minimized risk by laying him. Later Mathieu retired and I made a nice profit.

Santoro v Mathieu 6-3, 3-2 retired

Jankovic v Pennetta

jankovic_pennetta

Pre match odds: Jankovic: 1.27, Pennetta: 4.60

Jankovic was clear favourite for me. She was leading the H2H 4-0 and is already in a good shape.

During this match I took two positions on Jankovic. I had to scratch the first one, but the second paid off and I could make a profit.

Jankovic v Pennetta 7-6, 6-3

Stats so far:

total profit today: €11.09
total profit this month: €10.83

My readjustment seems to pay off. During the last few days I am more focused on making good trades rather than making a certain profit. I am trading patiently like never before.

Cheers, Loocie

No comments: